Monday, July 27, 2009

Deep within the Boreal forest; trees swayed with a cancer filled wind, crows croaked a death filled song, and the night was filled with an eerie silence and fog. People almost knew to stay away, almost like the trees put up their very own 'private property' signs. Protecting the secrets that laid inside. The secrets that were trapped inside these towering trees and fallen dead leaves. No one dared to walk these derby covered paths for years, and the condition of deserted forest said that. No life at all crossed these paths. Not a giant bear, not a tiny chipmunk. Nothing. 

But it wasn't deserted for just any reason. And it wouldn't be deserted for too long.

----

"Alex! Come on, lets camp somewhere else. Please." Kendra Jones whined, she didn't have a good feeling about the place. Something just didn't seem right. The water front was beautiful and looked like it went on for days, yet there was not a cottage or other campers in sight. That meant there had to be something wrong with the area, right? Where was everybody?

She just wasn't sure if this was the prefect camping spot, but if Alex Clayton insisted, that had to mean something. Alex was close to never wrong. She knew that he would not lead them all wrong for the last trip they may all have together. Six almost-adults, all by themselves in the woods? It was just asking for trouble, they knew that, but it was the only time they had to waste before college started and they all go their separate ways.

Alex shook his head, and looked at Kendra as he just silently prayed for the rest of the guys to hurry. He wasn't sure why he agreed to drive Kendra and not Adriana, but he was starting to regret it. She was such a whiner, and it was driving him insane. He knew before anything else, if not before, then definitely now; that he would not be lasting this whole three weeks in the woods with her. It wasn't happening. Before the trip is over, he knew he would be throwing her into the lake. Hopefully, with cement shoes attached to her feet.

"Aleeeeeeeex!" A manly voice emerged from a few feet behind him, and Alex recongized the voice as the one and only Nate Law. His hero, if he was there, that meant that Adriana Jones (also known as the pretty sister), Carl T (no one knows what the T stands for, but no one has enough balls to ask), and Leah Woods were finally there. Which also meant, Alex was not alone with Kendra anymore. A smile etched his face as that very thought brightened up his day. He had spent a long and agonizing three hours on the way to the camp site alone with her, and that was hell. He didn't think he could handle any longer.

"Nateeee!" Alex called out, in the same excited tone Nate used.

"Dude, how did you find out about this place?" Nate asked as he looked around. The trees towered higher then Carl, which is very tall by the way. The lake water looked crisp and clean, and even though the camp ground was covered in dead leaves, the surrounding area was inhumanly beautiful. It was like looking at one of those post card pictures. Hard to look at because it was so prefect, but even harder to look away, because, well, it was that damn prefect. "I mean, there must be at least no one around."

"My great grandfather used to own this forest. Now no one owns it, but I used to come camping up here with my father and grandpa." Alex explained, falling into flashback mode. He closed his eyes for a second, imagining the prefect scented air and prefect feeling days. Everything just seemed amazing back then, thats why this was the definite spot for a last trip.

"Aw, how cute." Leah smiled and looked around. "Can we pitch up tents now though? I'm tired. Never pull an all nighter. Not fun." She giggled which caused everyone else to laugh.

"Okay lets go guys."

If only they knew what was in store for them. They would have stayed home.

1 comment:

  1. my phone wouldn't let me post a comment so I had to drag myself out of bed and across the room to grab my laptop. I hope you are happy with how much I appreciate your story LOL.
    Onto my review!

    WELL that little prologue thingie in the beginning was intense. Very descriptive and it activated my senses automatically. I clearly saw the Boreal forest drawn out in front of me, I could feel the crisp air, smell the...death? Regardless it was goosebump worthy (but i am not surprised. it IS you after all ^_^)

    Kendra little whiny bitchass STOP THE BITCHASSNESS. No, I'm kidding, you know whenever you gots tons of kids on a trip together, you best listen to the paranoid one cause bet my wobbly that'll be the one that gets out alive if suttin goes wrong y'know? But noooo Alex and his cocky ass gotta be all like "my grampa" blahzayblah. NIGGA, that's when the woods was cool beans! Now they aint!

    Carl T is my favorite so far. I love him and I dont even know him. He just sounds like he's an epic character. So I choose him to fall in love with. CARL T IS MIIIIIIIIINE. Euggghhhh you have a character named nate in here, that's my weirdo cousin's name. Ew ew ew. That's why I automatically don't like him, even if he did find Alex in the woods all loudass LOL.

    I like Leah too. She seems chill :] I like Kendra DESPITE ANYTHING THAT FUCKER ALEX HAS TO SAY ABOUT HER.

    " If only they knew what was in store for them. They would have stayed home. "

    chills. that line gave me chills. cuz i wanna know what happens next, so please update for me and don't make this a one time thing yes? i'd like you to finish a story and this feels right. seeing as how our "one bite" never happened and "blood diamond" is on hold. I like your writing and its been a while since I've read it. Very refreshing, please update soon!



    P.S: I give longass reviews because I talk too much. sorry LOL.

    ReplyDelete